Great Rides from Tread
We've mapped the following routes to help you find your way around our beautiful region. You can view them online or even download the Map My Ride app to your mobile device so you can access the routes on the go. Each route can also be exported as a GPX file to load directly onto your own GPS device, or a KML file for simple viewing on Google Earth.
All rides listed below can be done in either direction.
Note: If you use Strava or a similar phone-based mapping app for route information, Telstra offers the strongest and most reliable signal in and around Castlemaine and along the Goldfields Track.
- 25km - Harcourt Hit Out - Heart burner around the Harcourt Valley
- 30km - Alexander the Great - Mt Alexander climb
- 45km - Bike Vault Bunch Ride - Castlemaine, Muckleford, Fogarty's Gap
- 55km - Merry go 'round - Mt Alexander circumnavigation
- 70km - Commando - Rolling hills and historic markers
- 75km - Sedgwick Sensation - Harcourt North, Sedgwick, Sutton Grange
- 80km - Circlework - Maldon, Newstead, Guildford, Chewton
- 90km - Eastern Treasures - Malmsbury, Metcalfe, Redesdale
- 110km - Cairn Curran Classic - Baringhup, Newstead, Guildford, Chewton
- 160km - Hills Hoist - Includes epic ascents of Mt Macedon and Mt Alexander
We've prepared a map detailing a selection of Great MTB Rides from Tread. The map is intended as a location guide only and not recommended as a primary reference tool when tackling these routes.
Rides 1 - 7 are available to download via the links below while Ride 8 is always evolving due to the nature of the plantation site. So chat to us about you're thinking about tackling this area so we can point you in the right direction.
- Ride 1 - Link Loop
- Ride 2 - Castlemaine Connector
- Ride 3 - Maldon Loop
- Ride 4 - Ken's Track
- Ride 5 - Woodbrook Trails
- Ride 6 - Baco Trails and Ladies' Lounge
- Ride 7 - Water Race and Water Wheel Loops
- Ride 8 - The Pineys
- Ride 9 - Goldfields Track
- 11km - Valley Vines - Harcourt Valley, Blackjack & Bress wineries
- 12km - West Side Story - Left of the tracks and all that's in-between
- 13km - Harcourt Explorer - Farmland, vistas, and orchards galore
- 14km - Dabbling on the dirt - Towering gums lining shaded dirt roads
- 16km - Top of the World! - Winding dirt and bitumen roads around the Valley
- 25km - Gold Seekers - Gold rush country to Castlemaine return